The Trefoil Guild is open to anyone who is over 35 years of age who has been a member of the guide Association or who makes the guide Promise
Its aims are:-
- To keep alive among members the spirit of the Guide promise and laws
- To carry that spirit into the communities in which members live and work
- To give practical, financial and moral support to guiding
The Trefoil Guild is a branch of the Girl Guides Association and exists so that women can establish,or more often maintain,a close link with Guiding.
It provides friends,fun and activities for its members service and support for the movement and the community.
Most of the members are women who have been involved in guiding.The Trefoil Guild supports girls and adult leaders by helping at meetings and camps,providing transport,sharing interests and skills,offering hospitality,sometimes for overseas visitors and in many other ways.
It also involves being active in a wide community ,as an individual or as a guild through voluntary work or other commitment.
Developing interest or discovering new ones with friends,enjoying holidays and achieving new goals ar all part of the Trefoil Guild.
The International Trefoil Guild Members Forum(7th -11th April,2011)
As part of the Girl Guide Centenary celebrations, The National Trefoil Guild in Kenya will this year host the International Trefoil Guild Members Forum. The forum will run from 7th April 2011 to 11th April.
The International participants will arrive in Kenya on Thursday 7th April, 2011 where a number of activities have been organized as part of this forum and these include:
- A visit to some of KGGA projects such as Kibera Project and the hawkers Market on Friday 8th April, 2011.
- A visit to The National Museums of Kenya where there is an exhibition by The Kenya Girl Guides association with exhibits of Kenya guiding and the world guiding as a whole.
- A tour to Nyeri to visit PAXTU and the grave of the Founder and the World chief guide and lay wreaths.(on Saturday 9th April,2011)
- A thanksgiving service at the KGGA headquarters which will be a celebration of songs and dances and Thanksgiving(Sunday 10th April,2011)
Centenary Thanksgiving Service on April to 10th April, 2011
In line with the centenary celebrations, The Trefoil guild of Kenya has organized a Centenary Thanksgiving Service on April to 10th April, 2011 to be attended by all branches of the Guiding Movement as well as our partners. It will be a celebration of songs and dances and Thanksgiving for the 100 years of our existence.
Also in attendance will be an international delegation of the Trefoil Guild (Senior Guides) from Australia, Burundi, Canada, Madagascar, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania and the United Kingdom who will be in Kenya for an International Forum hosted by KGGA.
The centenary thanksgiving service will be held at the Kenya Girl Guides headquarters on April 10, 2011 at 10:00am.