1. Centenary Camp in April from the 7th to 10.
In line with the Centenary Celebrations, Kenya Girl Guides Association will be hosting a Centenary Camp with the theme “grow to empower girls to change the world”.
The Camp is scheduled to take place from 7th – 10th April 2011in Temple road primary and secondary school and D.E.B primary school. Campers will arrive on 7th and depart on 10th April.
Guides, Rangers, Young Leaders and Guiders are invited to participate in the Camp.
Brownies are invited for overnight stay on 9th April, 2011.
2. The International Trefoil Guild Members Forum(7th -11th April,2011)
As part of the Girl Guide Centenary celebrations, The National Trefoil Guild in Kenya will this year host the International Trefoil Guild Members Forum. The forum will run from 7th April 2011 to 11th April.
The International participants will arrive in Kenya on Thursday 7th April, 2011 where a number of activities have been organized as part of this forum and these include:
- A visit to some of KGGA projects such as Kibera Project and the hawkers Market on Friday 8th April, 2011.
- A visit to The National Museums of Kenya where there is an exhibition by The Kenya Girl Guides association with exhibits of Kenya guiding and the world guiding as a whole.
- A tour to Nyeri to visit PAXTU and the grave of the Founder and the World chief guide and lay wreaths.(on Saturday 9th April,2011)
- A thanksgiving service at the KGGA headquarters which will be a celebration of songs and dances and Thanksgiving(Sunday 10th April,2011)
The Trefoil Guild is open to anyone who is over 35 years of age who has been a member of the guide Association or who makes the guide Promise
Its aims are:-
- To keep alive among members the spirit of the Guide promise and laws
- To carry that spirit into the communities in which members live and work
- To give practical, financial and moral support to guiding
Centenary Thanksgiving Service on April to 10th April, 2011
In line with the centenary celebrations, The Trefoil guild of Kenya has organized a Centenary Thanksgiving Service on April to 10th April, 2011 to be attended by all branches of the Guiding Movement as well as our partners. It will be a celebration of songs and dances and Thanksgiving for the 100 years of our existence.
Also in attendance will be an international delegation of the Trefoil Guild (Senior Guides) from Australia, Burundi, Canada, Madagascar, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania and the United Kingdom who will be in Kenya for an International Forum hosted by KGGA.
The centenary thanksgiving service will be held at the Kenya Girl Guides headquarters on April 10, 2011 at 10:00am.
3. Young leaders International Camp 2012
Details to be confirmed
4. KGGA EXHIBITION
This is an exhibition by the Kenya Girl Guides Association that was launched on February 18th, 2011 and will running for a period of three months at the National Museums of Kenya. The exhibition is showcasing different artifacts of the Kenya Guiding and also the world guiding that have been there over the 100 years. After the three months the exhibition will move to other towns in Kenya.